Monday, May 05, 2008

Maryland Sheep and Wool Weekend

Wow.

That's all I can say. Wow.

It's been two years since I went last. This year, I stayed in Frederick, Maryland, and got to the grounds around nine a.m.

The lower part of the field was already full. Yikes. (I've since found out that some people were there at SEVEN a.m. and already into the fairgrounds before I was even dressed.)

I ended up at the TOP of the hill. I did NOT take my spinning bag, so I didn't stay for the spin in at 6 p.m.

I did, however, meet a lot of people from Ravelry and DRU. I got a Rav button. I got two skeins of Socks That Rock yarn, three balls of green wool for A4A, and three bags of Bavarian almonds (two left at this point). Oh, almost forgot the "you found me" gift from a fellow Raveler. I see a nice shoulder shawl in my future!

Sunday was fun, even though I didn't go back to Howard County. Instead, I went to Barnesville where I was in a workshop with the people from Woolly Thoughts. Time to go home now to play with my yarn!